- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Install, configure and maintain systems within scope of experience and as required by Business
- Administration of Active Directory Domain Services
- Administration of hypervisor technologies
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration, as well as Service Improvement procedures
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Deploy, configure, administer and utilize software provided for performance monitoring, critical error detection and correction, capacity planning and in depth reporting on datacentre and infrastructure.
- Deploy, configure, administer and utilize Data Protection technologies like Veeam and Backup Exec for data protection services
- Continuously assist with projects to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Systems Administration services
- Follow change control, incident response and testing processes for modifications to area of responsibility
- Contribute to documentation on standard procedures, policies, and other Knowledge Management items
- Daily Ticket Queue Monitoring and Incident Resolution.
- Work in conjunction with Support Staff to resolve Incidents and/or Service Requests
- Contribute to the continued improvement of systems and processes within the Technology space
- IT Degree or Similar – Required
- ITIL Foundation
- Min 8 years IT Experience, of which at least 5 years in System Admin role
- 5 Years of virtualisation experience (Hyper-V and vSphere)
- 5 Years of Active Directory experience
KEY KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- In-Depth knowledge on a range of Operating systems, programs and related technology like Microsoft, Virtualisation, Storage and Data Protection
- Scripting knowledge (VB and / or PowerShell)
- Excellent understanding of systems integration and interdependency on each other
- Show leadership qualities and perform the role of senior technologist within area of responsibility
- Must be considered a Subject Matter Expert in his field
- Perform coaching and development function for other members within team
- Solve complex problems with effective decision making
- Proactive, resilient and enthusiastic
- Ability to handle pressure situations
- Must have good people skills and possess ability for strategic and critical thinking
- Effective report writing and ability to gather relevant information to supplement reports and statistical documentation.
- High level of patience and professionalism
- Teamwork and good communication skills