The Digital Channels Manager will be responsible for achieving channel growth targets while also ensuring a consistently good customer experience across the full Old Mutual digital ecosystem. The estate includes all public facing and secure websites, intermediary channels, mobile apps, social media channels and outbound digital communication channels (email, sms, mms and push notifications). This individual will be proficient in digital channel optimisation with a broad digital knowledge that covers digital marketing (paid & earned media), conversion rate optimisation, e-commerce management, platform understanding, digital self-servicing, SEO, analytics, UX and how these are applied across digital channels.
This role works closely with multiple internal stakeholders including channel owners for mobile apps, secure services and CRM. Segment and country senior marketing managers/teams, MC Centre Managers, OM PLC will also need to be consulted regularly to deliver on objectives. This role needs to understand the OMEM business strategy, marketing strategy, OMEM customer, brand, segment strategies and CVP’s and the external environment in which they operate, be data driven and able to quickly adjust to short, medium and long term digital goals.
This individual will contribute to thought leadership, stimulate innovative thinking and ensure governance around all aspects concerning digital channel growth and cross-channel customer experience strategies that includes:
- Customer journey mapping and optimisation across digital channels
- Lead segmentation, personalisation and nurturing strategies across channels
- User Experience and behaviour across all OM’s Digital Platforms
- Digital Design, messaging and branding relevant to channel
- Cross-Channel Digital Customer Experience Governance
This individual will play a vital role in contributing and steering all digital channel enhancements while also being able to work across the full customer value chain to develop insightful digital channel strategies and plans.
- Reviewing and contributing to all channel enhancements ensuring alignment and consistency for the full digital customer experience.
- Analysis of visitor behaviour across channels to inform development priorities and multi-variant tests aimed at improving overall digital customer experience, conversion rates and retentions.
- Working closely with the digital data analyst, Head of Digital Customer Experience and Channel Managers to ensure the accuracy of all digital touch-point analytics and reporting cross-channel performance appropriately to the business.
- Work with colleagues across OMEM marketing to ensure that the digital channel strategy and activity is integrated and leverages off one another
- Recommending and managing user experience improvements across channels based on best practice, data insights and customer research.
- Owning the SEO performance of public facing websites. Liaising with the digital agency to deliver technical amendments, monitor and improve the organic rankings while improving overall domain authority.
- Work with the relevant Channel Managers, Content managers and Brand manager to ensure channel relevant content is delivered in the best possible way.
- Develops strong, trusting relationships between the business and agency partners, providing leadership and support during strategy, ideation, and execution.
- Develops a total understanding of digital target audience and mindset modes.
- Provide digital channel governances, guidelines, rules and management of outsourced third parties.
- Monitor governance and policies across OMEM to ensure that all digital channel activities are compliant to agreed protocols, standards and rules.
- Create compelling reports, business cases and presentations that excite internal stakeholders & executives, and help them understand our Digital Channels Strategy and its importance to our success in digital.
- University Degree majoring in Marketing, Communications, Media or Advertising, with further Digital Marketing training a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years within a digital marketing environment and at least 2 years management experience.
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders is a must.
- Multi-channel digital marketing experience in a large corporate environment will be hugely advantageous.
- Candidates displaying broad understanding of the digital landscape and with an e-commerce background will be preferred.
- Experience in the management of multiple digital channels, Project Management, and Software Development Management will be a distinct advantage.
- Preferred candidates will ideally have exposure to the financial services industry and/or with working in a similar role in a large global organisation.
Check out more at: https://www.oldmutual.co.za/careers-centre/current-vacancies