The focus of the Business Analyst role in Business Technology (BT) will be on providing appropriate technology solutions to BI business problems based on the business requirements communicated by the Demand Management/Business Solutions function, including any process requirements. The role demands people who are passionate about designing and building top quality technology solutions that transform the way in which the Investment Banking Division functions of the bank operate.
The role is accountable for the following key performance areas:
- Translating business needs into detailed business requirements, functional, integration and process specifications.
- Problem analysis – analyse business or system problems and facilitate solution exploration
- Process analysis – analyse and evaluate current and proposed business processes
- Data analysis (Critical Requirement) – analyse data and situation, identify and solve problems, reason logically and draw valid conclusions
- Software analysis – analyse, design and implement purchased or in-house applications
- Clarifying the business requirements and functional/process specifications for technical designers.
- Co-ordinate and, where required, participate in the test effort to ensure that the delivered solution meets agreed business requirements and functional/ process specifications.
- Act as liaison for and interface with business, internal and external parties.
- Training of the users on new and existing products and services, where required.
- Provide input into the creation of system manuals where required.
- Participation in post project implementation reviews.
- Shared ownership of recurring production incidents by working with multiple stakeholders to resolve system issues.
- Contribute to team growth and development
- Monitoring and Resolution of production incidents by working with multiple stakeholders to resolve issues within timeframes of adopted SLA’s.
Check out more at: http://www.rmb.co.za/careers/