ABOUT OLD MUTUAL
Old Mutual South Africa (Old Mutual SA) is a subsidiary of the Old Mutual Group - a Fortune 500 company and major player in the global financial services arena.As a registered Financial Services Provider, Old Mutual SA has been providing wealth creation and protection products to South African's for over 150 years. Over and above our commitment to product and service excellence we have proven ourselves to be agents of change through our pioneering contributions to transformation in the South African financial services sector. Bearing testimony to this is our ground-breaking broad-based Black Economic Empowerment Deal. In addition, we view our role as a major corporate citizen in a serious light. This is reflected in our far-reaching social investment and sponsorship initiatives. And, as a driving force in the South Africa economy, Old Mutual embraces and upholds the concepts of good corporate governance in the belief that a culture of transparency and integrity is vital to the future success of our economy.
REASONS TO WORK FOR OLD MUTUAL
Work for a strong, dynamic and leading Financial services organisation built on a proud heritage, the quality of its people and a passion for customers and communities. Old Mutual provides its employees with great opportunities to develop a local or international career, be rewarded and make a difference to South Africa.
HERITAGE, COLLECTIVE WISDOMOld Mutual has a diverse pool of talent with collective knowledge, culture, systems and services gathered over the last 165 years
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENTOld Mutual (SA) invests almost R200m in developing its own people every year, there are many opportunities to develop your individual skills
CAREER OPPORTUNITIESOld Mutual is a large and diverse company and there are a multitude of opportunities to develop your career and realise your talents and ambitions
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITSChoose from a great selection of remuneration and benefit options and be significantly rewarded for the effort and skill you bring to the company
FACILITIESThe Old Mutual Cape Town office has a broad range of facilities i.e. shopping mall; gym; canteen; a number of restaurants; medical suite; hair dresser; post office; crèche; sporting facilities
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENTYou will be given the opportunity to positively impact your place of work, colleagues, communities and shape the future of South Africa
COMMITMENT TO SAOld Mutual is passionate about delivering value for clients, investing in staff and communities which makes a difference to the future of South Africa, we have invested about R5 billion in local infrastructure and have an annual investment of R30m in education
TALENTED COLLEAGUESWe grow talent and develop experts, our knowledgeable people place us as the leading edge in the dynamic Financial Services Industry
DIVERSITYOld Mutual cultivates a work environment that embraces and explores diversity
PART OF INTERNATIONAL GROUPOld Mutual operates in 34 countries and has a large global footprint offering international exposure to staff.
DEVELOPMENT AND GROWTH
At Old Mutual we believe that continuous learning and development is crucial to ensuring our success as an organization.
- The Old Mutual Business School (OMBUS) is the corporate university of Old Mutual and focuses on developing the core management and personal excellence skills required by our employees to fulfill OMSA’s business strategy Old Mutual Business School
- OMBUS’s unique learning model develops managers and employees to be empowered, productive individuals
- Apart from OMBUS, some business units also have their own learning/training departments that offer technical training to business unit staff
- Old Mutual (SA) invests almost R200m in developing staff every year
- In addition R30m a year is spent on educating South Africans through various sponsorships, bursaries and educational initiatives
MENTORSHIP PROGRAMMESOld Mutual offers a number of mentorship and coaching opportunities to its employees. These programs give staff the opportunity to both be mentored and to be a mentor. Notable examples are:
- The Old Mutual Senior Women’s mentorship program, where a group of Old Mutual’s most senior women mentor emerging leaders for a year.
- OMSA Employees are invited to mentor students from the Tsiba College in Pinelands. Tsiba College is sponsored by the Old mutual Foundation and offers students from disadvantaged backgrounds the opportunity to attain a degree in business administration.
COACHINGCoaching is provided through a database of registered coaches, who can be contracted in to provide individuals with performance and life coaching as part of an integrated development plan.
TALENT DEVELOPMENTTalent Development initiatives have been identified to ensure the development and fast-tracking of our Internal Talent Pipeline. They include the following:
- Talent Pools focus on key groups of people with potential talent are identified and their development is supported by the Central HR team: e.g. Executive Assistant Role, Leadership Potential group and Top Talent Recruitment group
- Talent Development initiatives include the OM Mentorship Networking Forum and Executive Coaching. These initiatives assist with fast-tracking development.
- Alumni Programme focuses on key people who have left the organization and makes contact with them
- Skills Transfer Programme focuses on key people that will be leaving the organization within the next few years due to Retirement or Early retirement and ensures a support process to effect skills transfer